The Stander BedCane is a one of a kind bedside safety handle that allows its users to transfer in and out of bed safely. The ergonomic, no-slip handle provides a low profile, comfortable grip and is adjustable in height for maximum comfort. The wooden platform provides a strong and steady hold for safety and peace of mind. The BedCane comes with a bonus organizer pouch to help keep valuables close by during the night. The BedCane also comes with a safety strap that attaches to the bed frame for additional stability. It’s perfect for most traditional home beds; not intended for use on adjustable beds.
- PREVENT FALLS: Support handles allows for easy transfers in and out of bed
- ORGANIZER POUCH: Provides storage for small items without needing to reach to a nightstand
- BED TYPES: Works with most traditional home beds; not intended for use on adjustable beds
- MATTRESS HEIGHTS: Adjusts in height from 16"-21" to fit mattresses 12"-16" thick
- BASE BOARD: Wooden base board slips between the mattress and box spring
- SAFETY STRAP: Bed rail secures to bed frame with included strap to prevent gapping and sliding
Warning: Entrapment, Strangulation, Suffocation and Fall Hazards.
Gaps in and around this product can entrap and kill. People with Alzheimer's disease or dementia, or those who are sedated, confused, or frail, are at increased risk of entrapment and strangulation. People attempting to climb over this product are at increased risk of injury or death from falls. Always make sure this product is properly secured to bed. If product can move away from bed or mattress, it can lead to entrapment and death.
Warning: Suffocation/Strangulation Hazard/Entrapment Hazard
If product is installed incorrectly or moves from its initial position gaps can occur which can entrap and kill. People with Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or other neurological conditions, or those who are sedated, confused, or frail, are at increased risk of entrapment, suffocation and strangulation.
• NEVER use unless product is tight against mattress, without gaps, and at least 12.5 in. from headboard and footboard.
• NEVER use with children.
• NEVER use on toddler, bunk, water, or inflatable beds, or on beds with mattress toppers or soft compressible pads."
The Stander Story:
Following her 90th birthday, a spirited Grandma Essie, with her mind as sharp as ever, felt her independence slipping.
Some family members recommended she move somewhere more “accommodating,” but Essie wasn’t about to leave the red brick home where her family was raised. She was aging, sure, but she wasn’t helpless. Committed to respecting Essie’s wishes, her granddaughter, Jan, designed products to help solve Essie’s greatest mobility challenges. These products restored Essie’s independence, liberated her family, and eventually led Jan to create Stander, Inc., whose products restore independence to millions of families worldwide.